Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day rolled in pecans

Since last Sunday was Mother's Day, and since my mother is just as subject as the rest of us to the cravings and delights of all members of the breed known as Woman, I decided it was only appropriate to make her truffles rolled in toasted pecans.  Needless to say, they were a hit.

They could probably have been prettier, but they were no less delicious.

Piped ganache (I know, I need to practice)
 Since the ganache recipe I used is from my school, I don't think I'm technically allowed to post it.  I used a cream ganache though, since its easier than butter ganache.  Most recipes are pretty straightforward.  After they set up, I rolled them, then tempered some white and dark chocolate and dipped them, then smothered them in toasted pecan pieces.

The ganache, rolled lightly in cocoa powder after setting up

Chopped, toasted pecan goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment